After you’ve browsed the 11 facts Fitness (with citations at the bottom), take action and volunteer with our millions of members. Sign up for a campaign and make the world suck less.
- The human body has 650 muscles.
- The only exercise you should hold your breath for is underwater swimming.
- The heart is the strongest muscle in the body.
- Nearly 50% of all young people ages 12-21 are not vigorously active on a daily basis.
- For every pound of muscle gained, the body burns 50 extra calories every day.
Read More: Facts About Fitness